30 April, 2008

A Very Tired Owl

Holy cats! A very tired owl landed on my doorstep yesterday carrying my package from my HSS3 pal Mafalda Bagman. Anne is her Muggle name, and she's from Finland. No wonder that owl is tired! Her owl is resting in the cage with mine, I'll feed him lots of owl treats and water before he takes off on his return trip.
Oh wow, did I get spoiled! Thank you so much for everything! Anne sent me an awesome package despite many problems she went through last term. She was sick, she moved twice, the list goes on. It makes me feel even more special that she took the time to put together such a great, thoughtful package when she was so busy.

So check out the Hogwarts goodness:

My super cool Gryffindor socks! She designed the pattern herself. There are all kinds of cool details to them. They have an owl feathers pattern on them. how cool is that?
A bit closer up- you can see the stitch detail better.
They fit perfectly! I'm so happy. I put them on yesterday and didn't take them off until bed time. I love them!
Here's the box as I opened it. I'm so proud that I managed to get a picture before the excitement got the better of me.
Here's everything all spread out- the socks are peeking through the bottom corner.
A close up of the kitty approved package (see that white furry thing behind the bag of candy)
You see candy chosen because of its Gryffindor colored wrappers, a package of really cute napkins that match the box everything came in, some really nice Pony dpns 3.0mm size, four chocolate bars (yummy), a children's book from Finland. My poor stitch markers were snatched by Death Eaters! But she got them back, along with the tin box they put them in- they're so pretty, Gryffindor colors of course. There's a pretty angel bookmark- to protect my reading! The sweet letter she wrote me is tucked in there too.
I got a wonderful skein of Opal sock yarn in a pretty heathery-green color. I think it's a wool/bamboo blend. Since I don't speak or read any of the languages on the ball band I could be totally wrong, but I know it's wool. There are four post cards. One is a post card of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Finnish book cover- cool! Two postcards from her beautiful home town. Everything is covered in snow on the cards, but she assures me that it is Spring there now and the snow is nearly gone. The last post card is of a Moomin character, from what I understand Moomin is a very popular author. You can also see the children's book she sent me- great illustrations of cars and boats. I love it and so do my kids.
A closer up shot of some of my goodies. The post cards, book mark, stitch markers, and Death Eater tin.
Thank you so much for everything Anne! I love it all!

No comments: