09 June, 2008

Homework

Homework for Professor Hagrid. The Slytherins and Hufflepuffs have care of Magical Creatures together this term. So far it's gone rather well, no trips to the hospital wing anyway. We're supposed to write six inches on a magical creature we have spent time with, or one we would like to spend time with and why. Here's my creature:

The Kneazle

My great grandmother Broomtwigs had a kneazle. I don't know how long kneazles are supposed to live, but I think he was old when I met him and he's still alive and prowling about. Orion kept my great grandmother company for many years, poor thing he had to put up with Muggles thinking he was an ordinary cat all the time. Now Orion lives with my family. His favorite spot is in my knitting basket, where he can see both the front and back doors. Kneazles are funny that way, always wanting to know what's going on. He has been known to bite at the ankles and tear the pants of door to door salesman. Such a sweet boy. Oddly enough Orion has no interest in the men in the family, he ignores them and would be perfectly happy without them around. He has always been close to the women, and has been terribly useful to us, as well as loyal. He's caught a thief under an invisibility cloak, and digs his claws into the back of those who are lying. He does have one talent that is rather peculiar, even in Kneazles who are terribly smart. I am the only witch in the family who knits. Orion has the ability to detect when I have made a mistake in my work, he sits on my lap and bites my yarn to let me know. He has saved many socks and jumpers from the frog pond. Perhaps he has learned about knitting to have me avoid the frog pond. He eats them every chance he gets and probably would prefer I didn't know about it.

1 comment:

SinKnitty said...

Ok I have got to get a Kneazle! I need a pet who will help me with my knitting! As it is the little monsters I do have around the house only tear my knitting apart. Lucky!